Thursday, June 23, 2011

Beat the Heat



Abigail loves going to the pool, but I am a little freaked out about taking her there with Ellie, by myself. I don't like being out numbered where a swimming pool is involved.

So we improvise. With our stellar drought and watering limitations, I do my best not to waste to much water filling, and refilling her little pool. Once a week or so, we fill 'er up and take a dip.
This week added a new element though. On Monday, we went swimming with some friends. Since I knew I would be out numbered, I went and got a lifejacket for Abigail. One that she could still move around well in. She really likes it. Safety first!
So She wore her life jacket in the 3 inches of water.


At one point, we had Abigail, Ellie, Me, and Mr. Turtle all in that tiny pool. There are moments I am thankful there is no one else around to document moments like that. Although, I'm sure it would have been quite hilarious to see big mama in that tiny pool.


2 comments:

Katherine Young said...

hahah i love your posts and your girls are so freakin cute!

Em said...

Safety first, Abi! What a cutie pie. Your grass looks about as dead as ours! Ugh! Ellie is absolutely beautiful.