Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Sharkarosa




There is a place about ten minutes from my parent's house called Sharkarosa Wildlife Ranch .
We went there this weekend because I had another doctor appointment up there, and we decided to give this place a try, mostly because I got a groupon a few weeks ago (you know I can't pass up a good groupon). It was a lot of fun, pretty small, and allergies were ca-razy- but the kids had fun and it was a unique place.

They have lots of animals, several endangered, that they have rescued. They have kangaroos, wallabies, lemurs, sloths, camels, zebras, deer, etc. They are building a habitat for two black bears right now. While we were there we got to pet and touch several of the animals they had there. The only ones we couldn't touch were in the "safari" were we took a 'train' to go see them, they were close, but don't come up to the train to eat like the other animals did. It was lots of fun, and a new experience.


They are only open to the public on Saturdays, the rest of the week, it is used for field trips and other educational things. I was amazed at how educational it was. I didn't realize how much Abigail learned from it until she told my sister, "Do you know that baby kangaroos sit in their mommy's pants?"

Nothing gets past her!













No comments: