Sunday, July 3, 2011

Family Reunion- Lake Murray Edition

Every year for as long as I can remember, we go to Lake Murray for our family reunion. As the years go by, I get more and more excited about getting to spend a whole week with my entire family. It doesn't happen often- once a year, in June, if it is a good year and everyone is in attendance. I would say most of us have a love/hate relationship with the Lake Murray Resortand Lodge. I think they throw in the word resort just to throw you off. Nevertheless, we love getting to see everyone and are so glad that Nana and Papa make it happen every year, and that so much of the family makes it a priority to be there.


I love that there are lots of helping hands to hold and love on Ellie.
I hate that the floors and bugs are such that, I would never put her down on the ground :)

I love that there is a pool we can take the kids to, when the boat is out of commission.
I hate that the boat is out of commission at some point in the week, every year. Actually... that part has kind of become part of the fun of it, as long as you aren't the one paddling it back to shore :)
I love that this year, for the first time since I left home for college, I didn't burn to a crisp. So glad to be back in Texas and soaking up the sun again.
I love seeing Abigail play with her cousins, and how nice they are to her. This was one of the hardest things about living so far away from them all. She just loves them. She was thrilled to get to sleep on the bunkbeds this year in the big girl room with her older girl cousins.
Here is the deal breaker. I HATE spiders. Nothing eeks me out more, not much anyway. What's worse than a spider? A nasty, big, hairy taratula scurrying towards your feet.
I encountered this booger twice in one day. No one believed me the first time, so when I saw him again, I grabbed my camera for proof. Lots of spiders take up residence at Lake Murray. Don't leave anything on the ground...

Lots more pictures to come from the week :)

No comments: