Monday, March 28, 2011

Days like this...

seem to present themselves in clusters. That makes me less than excited for this week where most days are started or ended with longer hours without daddy at home.

It is almost 4.

The house is a mess.

Abigail is a mess.

Ellie won't sleep.

Dinner...? Please, I have no idea. And... we really just had lunch.

I'm still in my workout clothes.
Don't get any crazy ideas though, I never actually made it to the gym.

Abigail has watched more on netflix than I will admit to even myself today as I have been holding, feeding and soothing Ellie for most of the day.

The distinction between clean and dirty laundry is so blurred that I am just going to have to start all over again. All because I never actually folded and put things away after finishing washing everything.

All of this after last night, I lost more than half of the photos of a wedding I spent most of the day Saturday photographing.

Heaven Help this house tomorrow. Let's hope things go a little more smoothly.
Take it all in stride, right??

Now someone please bring me my bon bons.

4 comments:

Chalen said...

This too will pass....

I remember when Eliza was born (Ethan had just turned 3 and Annika was 11 months) and I would start counting for down for Nate's return at 10 am on some days. The house was a mess and laundry was a joke. I ended up buying a laundry basket it for each member of the famiy and when the wash was clean I would sort it into the baskets. The baskets got put on top of the dressors so the two older kids couldn't pull it out and mix it with the dirty stuff.

I didn't start folding laundry for quite a while. Since we are expecting #5 in June and Olivia will be 18 months, i started thinking back to those days and I couldn't remember a lot of the year after Eliza. I think it was repressed.

So not looking forward to those days again, although this time hopefully the older 3 kids (now 9, 7,6) will be helpful. They do a lot with Olivia already.

Ms. Kneisly said...

It's nice you're posting your days. I don't remember the first year of my other kids lives. Poor things. My memory returns about the time they all hit one.

LOL and Sean just asked me what I was thinking of doing next year for holiday and I was like, "Next year? Do you mean future? I'm in the moment man. In the moment only."

mspaze31 said...

Heather you are such a talented writer! I love reading your blog cause you make me laugh so much! plus it is good to know that i'm not the only mom having days like this ;-) seriously it's like we're living the same life. spooky.

allison said...

Heather, I just love reading your blog. I don't get to check them out near as often as I'd like because I can barely get a post done on my own blog let alone check other peoples but yours is one of my very favorites. I love those girls of yours, they are so cute.