Saturday, May 16, 2009

It's the simple things in life...

Yesterday, Abigail played in this box, with a spoon, for about 20 minutes. That's longer than she plays with any other toys by a long shot (except for the tupperware cabinet of course). Why bother with buying toys? I wonder what was going on in her imagination that made it so fun. I'm sure she wasn't just sitting in an empty diaper box in her mind. Why can't I be more like that? Just happy to have whatever life gives me. Why do we grow up and have to have the biggest and best of it all. Maybe I should find a little more satisfaction with the empty boxes. What happened to my imagination?

I learn a lot from this little girl. Hopefully I can teach her a thing or two.

1 comment:

Nefilinda said...

I know what you mean! I teach kindergarten...the biggest hit? You betcha...empty boxes from a book order. They became forts, houses, spaceships...you name it! It was wonderful watching the kids play and imagine. :)