Sunday, April 19, 2009

2 Halves Make a Whole, RIGHT?


Yesterday we ran the Wenatchee Half-Marathon. Some of you may have known it was coming up. We ran with Charles' brother and Dad, and with one of my friends we like to call Queen M. It was a little rough, but we all finished in our own personal best times. Charles and Andrew wowed us coming in 1st and 2nd in the 20-25 age group for men. They even have champion cups (dated from last year's race) to prove it. How special is that :)

I felt pretty good during most of the run. The last mile was rough, but I was expecting that. What I was NOT expecting was the way I felt last night, and the way I feel today. OUCH. That's all I can say. I'm glad I did it, but I will feel a lot better about it after the aches and pains go away... IF the aches and pains ever go away.



I think my finisher's medal will go nicely with my dress today at church... what do you think?

5 comments:

knjfabela said...

Good for you Heather! That is one of my goals...... maybe one day. I agree that 2 halfs make a whole!

Courtney Lynch said...

You look great heather- and you have offically motivated me. i love you.

Ms. Kneisly said...

Your pics look way better than mine. And look at you go over the bridge! Impressive. Except I've been wondering for a wile now why Charles was holding is hand like that. It seemed odd. Just now I realize it was his trophy cup. LOL.

Alissa said...

Congratulations you guys. We miss you.

allison said...

way to go!!! yes, i think that would look lovely as a church necklace