Monday, February 24, 2014

Christmas.

I tried to put my camera down and just enjoy Christmas. It was nice, but I don't have many pictures to post.  The weekend before Christmas, we went to my parents house and had a family party.  It was a riot.  We had a nice dinner, and exchanged gifts and did crafts with the kids.  Then we sent the kids to Mimi and Pops bed to watch a movie, and we had an adult only white elephant exchange.

I can't even put into words how funny that was.  There were so many gifts that brought me to tears with laughter, but none could match what my brother Brad came up with.  He had us all doubled over, and for days after I couldn't help but bust out laughing when I would think about it.  Next year will be tough to match, but I'm sure he will find a way to out do himself.




Then we packed up and went home to have Christmas Eve and Christmas day as our own little family at home.  Christmas Eve was a bit of a bust.  Ellie and Hallie weren't feeling well, and were both asleep by 5:30.  Abigail and I made treats and Christmas cards and took them to our neighbors, and then watched The Nativity on lds.org with Charles before we all went to bed. The girls wanted roller skates this year, and Santa didn't disappoint.  After we opened presents we went outside and they learned that skating is a little trickier than they thought, but they are getting the hang of it, and skate around the house a lot now. 



No comments: