Sunday, November 14, 2010

PROOF



Some things are much more exciting the first time.

Don't get me wrong. I am thrilled to death that we will soon be blessed with another sweet baby girl. That hasn't lost its luster in the least!

When I was pregnant with Abigail, it was much more exciting to watch my body change, and watch my belly grow and grow... and GROW. I took pictures almost weekly to document the beauty of it all.

This time its been a little different. I have basically avoided the camera for 9 months. So, now that the end is near, I thought it was time to take a couple pictures... just to prove that I was in fact pregnant.

Do you think it is possible that she learned that look and the placement of her hands from how I have felt and acted the last couple of weeks??

Nah, I didn't think so either.

It took us a few months longer than we would have liked to get pregnant this time around. We had things planned out, and thought we knew just when the right timing would be. When that wasn't panning out, I quickly got frustrated.

Funny how slowly I learn to put my trust in the Lord's timing.

If you would have asked me 2 months ago if Abigail was ready for Miss Ellie, I would have told you how nervous, and down right scared I was. She LOVES attention. She is 100% independent, in a way that requires my attention all the time as well. I still haven't quite figured that out, but that is Abigail. She wants to do everything by herself, but wants me right there watching her and holding her hand.

She would FLIP out completely any time I held another baby. She would try to be sneaky and push over or bite other kids that I gave attention to.

You can imagine my nerves.

The last month or so, I have seen a huge change in her. We talk about Ellie every day now. Abigail talks about wanting Baby Ellie to come out. She tells me she is going to help change her "bipers." The other day she rested her head on my stomach and said, "Ellie, I wuv you." And kissed my belly.

I am so thankful for a Heavenly Father who knows better than I do. I try to remember that, and put my faith in His plan for our family. Ultimately, I'm glad He had the final say in this one.

NOW, we are ready.


1 comment:

Tessa and Adam said...

What a perfectly cute round belly Heather! You look great!