Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Eventful afternoon



Today was one of those days. I woke up to a rainy, gloomy morning and decided I would slip on my warm, flannel, leopard print pajamas- and spend the day in the solitude of my home, doing house work. I felt like I could justify staying in pj's for most of the day, if I got a clean house out of the deal.

The morning went wonderfully. Abigail followed me around as I did my various cleaning projects and kept herself fairly happy and occupied without much attention from me. This doesn't happen very often. Normally anything she plays, she has to play WITH me.

The fiasco started when I entered my last room of dusting- my bedroom. Abigail followed me in the room, as expected. I had to take something from our dresser to the bathroom down the hall. I heard the door shut behind me, which isn't too abnormal so I didn't think anything of it. I got back to open the door and... it was locked. I'm not even sure Abigail knows how to lock the door, or if it was just already locked when she closed it. But it was locked, none the less.

I assessed the situation. No screws to remove the door knob. The door frame is in the way, preventing any hope of the old "credit card" trick to pop the lock open. That is about the extent of my locksmithing skill set. So I called Charles- no answer. I texted him, "Call asap... kind of an emergency." He called a few seconds later. I explained the situation to him... he explained it to all the guys at work. I tried all of their suggestions, to no avail. So Charles headed home to see if he could have any better luck.

I called him on his way home to talk about it, and he ended the conversation with, "Well, me and Jason are on our way. We will try to figure it out when we get there."

Great... Leopard print pjs... remember? Abigail is locked in MY room... remember? Oh, and the house is pretty much spotless, so no hope of finding even dirty clothes in the laundry room that I can switch into. Oh well, we just gotta get this girl out of the room. She was beginning to get impatient and a little uneasy about being stuck.

As soon as Charles got home, I slid my phone under the door with a video playing on it for Abigail along with some fruit snacks. She was 100% content from that point on, with an occasional... "Daddy?? Abi stuck!"

I called a lock smith while the manly men tried picking the lock in any way the could imagine. They had as much luck as I did. Soon enough, the locksmith arrived and saved the day for little Miss Abigail and her felion mother. After an hour of scrambling, Abigail emerged from the room with an enthusiastic, "Thank you!"

A little plug for the locksmith... if anyone in Gig Harbor ever needs one- call Beacon Locksmith. The technician was on another job, stopped everything and was here within 20 minutes, and didn't charge us a dime. Very impressed with them :)

I'm pretty sure the look on Jason's face in this picture is saying... seroiusly, you're 2 year old daughter is trapped in a room, and you are taking pictures?? In leopard PJs??


The necessary equipment to TRY picking the lock

1 comment:

Doke said...

Hello guys!

What can you tell me about this Locksmith Macon ? I need to find more reliable information about this suspension service. Please give me more opportunities to find trustworthy information. Thanks in advance!