Wednesday, June 20, 2007

1 down... 2 to go!

Well, I am completely finished with one class, and have 2 that I will finish up today and then- VACATION! I can't wait. I had my final presentation for my english class last night. I had to do a 20 minute presentation on a research topic of my choice. I chose to do it on diet aids- pills, supplements and drinks- inspired by Courtney's latest medifast kick. My argument was that there is no quick fix to an unhealthy lifestyle. You have to put the time and effort into it if you want to be healthy. Weight loss is only a side effect of a healthy lifestyle. It was pretty interesting. I found out that a 23 yr old pitcher for the Orioles died of a stroke from some diet pills he was taking, and a 21 yr old air force pilot had a massive heart attack from the same thing. DONT TAKE DIET PILLS! The risks FAR outweigh the benefits!!
Anyway- I have a history paper I have been writing this morning that is due at 5 today. I will probably take that final today too, so I will be finished with that class. Then I have my Short Story final at 1 today. I will be glad to say adios to that teacher. He is very arrogant and close minded. We had to write the first 3 pages of a short story for our final assignment in that class. When we turned them in, he read the title and first word out loud. When he read mine, he said with his arrogant tone- Well that seems obvious...- I played out the scene in my mind of me attacking him, and it seemed to satisfy my emotions :). He drives me nuts!
We are so excited to go to Texas this weekend and see everyone!! WOOHOOO!!! Here we come!!!

3 comments:

Texas Blad's said...

Can't wait to see you!!

Alison said...

your 20 min presentation sounds interesting, way to be an overachiever and take classes during the summer...crazy girl...have fun in texas

Em said...

I'm right there with you on the diet pills. Have you seen the commercials for the new product Ally? It's the first FDA approved weight loss supplement.

I wish I could see you when you come down! If you get some crazy desire to meet me in Waco, call me! Love you!