Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Quotable Quotes from the Himmer Home...

We have decided that we need to start keeping a journal of funny things said... mostly by Charles because they really are just TOO funny sometimes. I thought I would share a few of the highlights from the recent weeks. I have to give a little bit of a description of the situations... but I think y'all will get a kick out of them.

As we were getting ready for bed one night, Charles went to swig some of the Listerine I had just bought. As he started to swish it around he went into the bedroom for a second and then came running back into the bathroom and spit it out in the sink, looked at the bottle of Listerine, and then at me and said in a panicked voice: "ADVANCED LISTERINE HONEY???? We need at least beginning or intermediate!"

We have recently been trying to eat healthier and work out more. After a few weeks of this I was telling Charles that I don't think I have a metabolism and if I do, it must go backwards because I didn't feel like anything was working. I was comparing myself to him... BIG MISTAKE! He accidentally looses weight all the time and I just find it! Anyway... as an attempted comfort he said: "Honey, its just that you are from Texas..." by the look on my face i think he knew he was in trouble so he followed it with... "What? Everything is bigger in Texas!" Again... he could tell he wasn't getting the expected response so he finished it with "I mean the portion sizes, honey, NOT YOU!" We have laughed about that one for a few weeks now!

One that I said that Charles thought was pretty funny and worth putting up here happened as we were eating dinner one night. He said something that made me laugh pretty hard and he said, "You know what I love about you? You have a great sense of humor, and you think I'm funny!" I responded with, "And what I love about you is that you think those two things go together!"

Something my sisters and anyone who has ever had the curse of sharing a bed with me can relate to... I remember Courtney and Lori telling Charles about how cuddly I am at night and how they could never get me off of them, I'd always have a leg or arm or something bugging them while they tried to sleep. I remember Charles saying he was excited for that before we got married because he loves cuddling. Well... its been about 3 and a half months now and he is singin a different song. He told me today that I "box out" in the middle of the night- elbows out and everything. I guess its just the little basketball player in me. He said that he tries to push me over so that he can have some room and I take that as "he wants to get closer, huh?" He has to maneuver around the elbows to the back throughout the night so he can get some sleep. I think its pretty fair actually... I make sure not to take up more than 80% of the bed! He's a skinny boy!

Hope y'all got a little laugh out of that... I know we have!!

3 comments:

Texas Blad's said...

Ya'll WILL need a California King bed if you continue to share, Charles, from someone who was forced to share a bed with Heather for many years, I would reccommend two twin beds. Just pretend you are a couple in the fifties, no one will judge you.

Melissa Wilson said...

Everything is bigger in TX! So funny, Joe would be dead if he said something like that but I'm sure we'd laugh for weeks too!

Em said...

Going way back to the days of Heather and Emily sleep overs- Do you remember that huge water bed you used to have? I thought that was the coolest thing ever. I don't really remember you being a crazy sleeper, but I do remember you are AWFUL to wake up!!!

Luke is crazy too though..we can't sleep with a top sheet b/c he rips it off during the night, so I gave up on that.