Friday, August 24, 2012

My Giggle Box



It has been a while since I've posted anything on here, but today Abigail made me laugh really hard and I have to put it somewhere so I won't forget it.  She really is so funny, and the things she says sometimes catch me by surprise and make me belly laugh. Today was one of those.

I had a doctor's appointment.  We were in the waiting room for quite some time, and the girls had gotten bored and were starting to make me a little crazy.  Abigail provided some much needed comic relief.

She had started paying close attention to the nurse every time she came to the waiting room, waiting for her to say my name so that it would be our turn to go see the doctor.  She would comment on the names whenever she would say them.  Like, "Oh, that's Jennifer.  Hi, I'm Abi!" Random things like that.  I didn't really pay much attention to most of it.

Until Heidi came along.  The nurse poked her head out, "Heidi?"

Abigail said, "Heidi?!?! That's awesome, she must be a really good hider, because her name is "hidey.'"
I looked at her face and saw the amazement of such an awesome name, and I busted out laughing. She looked at me with raised eyebrows and just said again, "Heidi, that's awesome."

Seriously, this girl is the perfect mix of totally sweet, make me crazy, and hilarious.  Half of the time when I am putting her to bed, she gets me laughing so hard I can't help myself.  It reminds me of the giggling that goes on at a teenage slumber party, or between college roommates.  After we settle back down and I snuggle with her before she goes to sleep, she melts my heart with a big sigh, and a sincere, "Mommy, I love you so much."

She is my little giggle box, and I love her crazy little guts.

No comments: