Monday, January 16, 2012

Today was a GOOD day.



I feel like for the last 2 weeks I have been struggling to keep my head above the water.
The girls haven't slept well since we got back from our trip. They have been keeping me very, very busy.
The house is a disaster.
Meals this week might have included pancakes, apples with peanut butter, and even... popcorn.

I feel like I have been trying to figure out how to take care of Abi, and how to take care of Ellie- simultaneously. Last week, I flat out couldn't keep up. They both wanted one on one attention all the time, and I was simply out numbered.

Today was different.

Today I got to play with the girls.
I got to take care of the girls.
I got to read books to the girls.
I got to make a fresh, healthy dinner while the girls played together.

I think Ellie is finally getting big enough that Abi is starting to see her as a playmate and a friend, and less of the competition.

Did our day start with a bang when Abigail bit Ellie on the cheek?
Yes.
Did Abigail have a few time outs throughout the day for pushing Ellie down?
Yes.
Did the day come to a close with a bruise on Abigail's arm because Ellie bit the crap out of her?
Absolutely.

But in between the timeouts, we had a lot of fun today.

I love Ellie.
I love Abi.
and I love taking care of the girls all day.

So here is our day in iPhone photos.




I mean... I got to workout, shower, and fix my hair. Now THAT, my friends, is a GOOD day :)

1 comment:

allison said...

I just love reading your blog. I wish we lived closer, you'd be a good influence on me. Haha. Well, you can be through your blog. I haven't quite been able to own the good days with the bad days and you just seem so comfortable and take it all in stride. You guys are great.