Sunday, January 4, 2009
New Year's Joy List
So everybody talks and thinks about New Year's resolutions around this time of year, which is a good thing and should happen, but I got to thinking how often that causes us to reflect on the negative sides of the year. So before Heather and I set some goals we decided to make a list of the things that brought us joy in 2008.
Here's our list. What's on your list?
1. Giving birth to our first child Abigail. Becoming parents has brought more meaning to our lives and more joy than we could have ever imagined. For those of you who are parents I'm sure you understand. For those of you who are soon to become parents, the best is still to come.
2. Our first home. We cannot thank Dad and Mom Himmer enough for all the sacrifice and help they have provided so we have a beautiful home in a nice quite neighborhood to raise our family. We absolutely LOVE our home and couldn't have asked for a better setup.
3. Graduating College.
4. Family coming for Abigail's birth and blessing.
5. Visiting family for Christmas.
6. Sunday dinner with Himmers.
7. Family First Christmas Performance.
8. Heather and Abigail getting to go to Andria's wedding.
9. Andrew coming home.
10. Stuart leaving (for a missions its worth it although we are missing him).
p.s. List is not in order of importance although Abigail's birth would be number 1 if it was.